Webber Naturals Vitamin D3 Tablet, 1000 IU
- Vitamin D3 tablets in childhood prevents rickets and in adults prevents osteomalacia
- It benefits supplementation combined with small amounts of sun exposure
- Taking vitamin D3 supplements and calcium substantially reduces all cancer risk in post menopausal women
- Function is to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus
- Includes 260 tablets per pack
Increased recommendations for Canadian adults under the age of 50 -1000 IU daily! New research has led the Canadian Cancer Society and the Canadian Dermatology Association to increase their recommendations for Canadian adults, under the age of 50, from 200 IU of Vitamin D to 1000 IU daily. Higher vitamin D and calcium levels have been linked to lower risk for some cancers, including colorectal, breast and colon cancers (Canadian Cancer Society, 2007).
Sun exposure on bare skin is the major source of vitamin D, but long winters, geographic latitude, clouds, smog, and sunscreens reduce UV ray exposure and vitamin D synthesis. Adequate vitamin D in childhood prevents rickets and in adults prevents osteomalacia (soft bones). Vitamin D deficiencies are also linked to muscle weakness as well as general aches and pains.
To minimize health risks associated with UVB radiation exposure, while maximizing Vitamin D benefits, supplementation combined with small amounts of sun exposure, is the recommended way to assure optimum levels of vitamin D (Office of Dietary Supplements, 2007).